Welcome to Pewsey Preschool
Pewsey Preschool has qualified and enthusiastic staff, and takes children from 2-5 years old.
We are open from 9.15 to 1.15, Monday to Friday, and offer a safe and fun environment for your child to grow and learn through play and adult-led activities.
For more info, please contact Karen Carmichael (owner) on 07799 878114 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Privately run
- Ofsted registered
- Good Ofsted Report: June 2018
- We know how important your child is and aim to deliver the highest quality of care and education to help them to achieve their best.
Our setting aims to:
- provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age;
- work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
You are regarded as members of our setting who have full participatory rights. These include a right to be:
- valued and respected;
- kept informed;
- involved; and
- included at all levels.
Children’s development and learning
- We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer helpers;
- has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Pewsey Preschool has been given the opportunity to take part in a project that will run jointly between schools, Early Years settings and Wiltshire Police: ENCOMPASS is the reporting to schools and early years settings by the next working day, when a child or young person has been affected by a domestic incident.
ENCOMPASS will ensure that a member of the staff, known as a Key Adult, will be shared the information in confidence, while ensuring that the school or setting is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been involved in, affected or exposed to a domestic abuse incident.
We are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe this will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.
Wiltshire Local Offer
The Wiltshire Local Offer provides information and guidance on services for children and young people, aged 0-25, with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.
For more details, visit the wiltshirelocaloffer.org.uk website here.
If you have any questions regarding Pewsey Preschool: our staff, the setting, our activities, our opening and term times or, indeed, anything, please contact Karen!